First Presbyterian Church
The original First Presbyterian Church was constructed in 1917 and had no major remodeling since that date. As part of the revitalization plan for First Presbyterian Church, it was decided to prepare a master plan for upgrading the physical facility to revitalize the church and provide space for current required functions. Therefore, a master plan was prepared for a $5,000,000.00 upgrade. The first phase of the master plan was the remodeling of the existing dining room and kitchen, which are spaces that would affect all members of the congregation. The next phased involved updating the carpet and lighting in the sanctuary and social hall, as well as updating the chancel and narthex. This final phase involved the enclosing of the Portico between the west and east portions of the church.